COMMERCE BUSINESS DAILY ISSUE OF APRIL 10, 2001 PSA #2826
R -- ESTABLISH CORE LEVEL OF SYSTEMS RESEARCH, DEVELOPMENT, ECONOMIC, & ENGINEERING EXPERTISE IN SUPPORTING INFORMATION SYSTEMS STRATEGIC PLANNING, & ACQUISITION FOR HCFA'S OFFICE OF INFORMATION SYSTEMS.
- Notice Date
- April 6, 2001
- Contracting Office
- Department of Health and Human Services, Health Care Financing Administration, Acquisition and Grants Group, 7500 Security Blvd., C2-21-15, Central Building, Baltimore, MD, 21244-1850
- ZIP Code
- E-Mail Address
- Georgette Vlangas (GVlangas@hcfa.gov)
- Pending the availability of FY 2001 funding, the Health Care Financing Administration (HCFA) intends to negotiate, on a sole source basis with Mitretek Systems, Inc. to establish a core level of systems research, development, economic, and engineering expertise in supporting information systems strategic planning, and acquisition for HCFA_s Office of Information Systems. It is anticipated that Mitertek Systems, Inc. will provide conflict free services which support information technology investment decision analysis and systems engineering technical assistance. The contractor_s activities will include strategic planning and special studies, system requirements and functional analysis, system concept design and analysis and technical management and planning support. The contractor will be required to operate in the public interest with objectivity and independence and with freedom from all organizational conflicts of interest. Mitertek Systems, Inc. will offer services that are independent and objective, free of preference in design and approach. The contractor will have access to industry proprietary information, competitive proposals and HCFA planning, budgeting and acquisition information. The procurement will be conducted under other than full and open competition under the authority of 10 U.S.C.2304(c)(1). The period of performance will be a period of 5 years (with a base year and four optional years). If no affirmative written documentation is received within (15) calendar days of this synopsis, HCFA will proceed with negotiations to issue a contract to Mitretek. A solicitation is not available. Questions related to this synopsis should be referred to Georgette Vlangas on (410) 786-8372.
- Web Link
- Visit this URL for the latest information about this (http://www.eps.gov/cgi-bin/WebObjects/EPS.woa/wa/SPF?A=S&P=HCFA-OIS-2001-01&L=3305)
- Loren Data Corp. 20010410/SPMSC005.HTM (D-096 SN50I539)
| SP - Special Notices Index
Issue Index |
Created on April 6, 2001 by Loren Data Corp. --