Z -- Fire Alarm Replacement at the Federal Building in Mt. Vernon, IL
- Notice Date
- Notice Type
- Solicitation Notice
— Electrical Contractors
- Contracting Office
- General Services Administration, Public Buildings Service (PBS), Office of Tenant Operations, Southern Illinois/Indiana Service Center, Chicago (5PT4), 610 S. Canal St., 10th Floor,, Chicago, IL, 60607
- ZIP Code
- Solicitation Number
- Response Due
- Point of Contact
- Jesse Jones, Contract Specialist, Phone 217-492-4290, Fax 217-492-5046, - Debbie Ethell, Contract Specialist, Phone (217) 492-4573, Fax (217) 492-5046,
- E-Mail Address
- The following work will be performed at the U.S. Federal Building, 105 S. 6th St. Mount Vernon, IL 62864. The new system must meet NFPA, Life Safety and ADA requirements in accordance with the drawings and specifications provided. The scope of work consists of, but is not strictly limited to, furnishing all labor, material and equipment necessary to: Replace the existing fire alarm system with new non-coded addressable/multiplex voice type fire alarm system that is independent and separate from the buildings existing status and temperature control equipment and which includes the following items. Provide all new wiring and conduit, terminal cabinets, outlets and mounting boxes. Provide new fire alarm speakers. Provide new visible notification appliances (fire alarm strobes). Provide new waterflow detectors, pressure switches, and tamper switches for each building sprinkler system. Provide new manual fire alarm stations. Provide new heat detectors. Provide new multi-technology smoke detectors in transformer, main telephone equipment, and similar rooms. Provide new photoelectric duct smoke detectors. Provide new fire alarm speakers in stairways and elevator cabs. The estimated cost range for all work is between $150,000.00 and $250,000.00. This procurement is open to all business concerns in accordance with the Small Business Competitiveness Demonstration Program. The North American Industrial Classification Code (NAICS) is 238210 with a size standard of $12 million. This is a negotiated procurement; there will not be a public bid opening. The solicitation will be available on or about March 2, 2006. The solicitation cited above can only be obtained by accessing a secure website known as the Federal Technical Data Solution (FedTeDS). FedTeDS is a secure website designed to safeguard sensitive but unclassified (SBU) acquisition information. In order to obtain information from FedTeDS, you will first be required to register with CCR (Central Contractor’s Registration) database. You may access CCR at the following URL, www.bpn.gov. Once you register with CCR you will be required to register with FedTeDS. No federal materials can be downloaded until you have registered under both sites. You may access FedTeDS via the following URL, www.FedTeDS.gov. Also, beginning January 1, 2005, as required by the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) all vendors will be required to use the Online Representations and Certifications Application (ORCA) in federal solicitations as a part of the proposal submission. You may access ORCA via the following URL, www.orca.bpn.gov. Potential offerors should refer to the solicitation package regarding instructions involving the use of ORCA. Potential offerors will be responsible for downloading the solicitation and monitoring the website for amendment(s), if any to the solicitation. Offer due date and time for receipt of proposals will be April 3, 2006 at 3:00pm (CST). All offers are to be submitted to General Services Administration, Attn: Jesse Lee Jones, 509 W. Capitol Ave. Springfield, IL 62704. Any questions regarding this notification should be directed to the Contract Specialist whose name appears herein. NOTE: THIS NOTICE MAY HAVE POSTED ON FEDBIZOPPS ON THE DATE INDICATED IN THE NOTICE ITSELF (08-FEB-2006). IT ACTUALLY APPEARED OR REAPPEARED ON THE FEDBIZOPPS SYSTEM ON 11-MAY-2006, BUT REAPPEARED IN THE FTP FEED FOR THIS POSTING DATE. PLEASE CONTACT email@example.com REGARDING THIS ISSUE.
- Web Link
Link to FedBizOpps document.
- Place of Performance
- Address: U.S. Federal Building 105 S. 6th St. Mount Vernon, IL 62864
- Country: U.S. A.
- Country: U.S. A.
- SN01046801-F 20060513/060511223417 (fbodaily.com)
FedBizOpps Link to This Notice
(may not be valid after Archive Date)
| FSG Index | This Issue's Index | Today's FBO Daily Index Page |