P -- Remove Steamship "NOBSKA" from Dry Dock 1, Boston National Histrorical Park, Charlestown Navy Yard, Boston, Massachusetts.
- Notice Date
- Notice Type
- Solicitation Notice
- Contracting Office
- NER - BOST Boston National Historical Park Charlestown Navy Yard, Building I Boston MA 02129
- ZIP Code
- Solicitation Number
- Response Due
- Archive Date
- Point of Contact
- Paul M. Cincotta Contract Specialist 6172425681 firstname.lastname@example.org;
- E-Mail Address
Email your questions to Point of Contact above, or if none listed, contact the IDEAS EC HELP DESK for assistance
- Small Business Set-Aside
- This solicitation will be available at http://ideasec.nbc.gov on or about September 15, 2004 with a bid opening date of approximately 45 days following issuance. PAPER COPIES OF THIS SOLICITATION WILL NOT BE ISSUED AND TELEPHONE REQUESTS OR FAX REQUESTS FOR THIS SOLICITATION WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. Description: Remove Steamship "NOBSKA" from Dry Dock 1, Boston National Historical Park, Charlestown Navy Yard, Boston, Massachusetts. Solicitation Number N1720040511. This project includes demolition, dismantlement and removal of the derelict steel coastal steamship, SS Nobska from Dry Dock 1 in the Charlestown Navy Yard. The demolition process will involve the removal of hazardous materials from the Nobska as well as dismantling and recycling steel components of the ship. The demolition process will involve using torches to cut up the ship while it is in dry dock. Disposal of all non recyclable components such as timber decks and roofing materials will be at an approved, licensed landfill. The Nobska is a 210-foot coastal steamer that was placed in Dry Dock in 1997 under a cooperative agreement to restore the ship so it could be placed back in service. Work on the ship ceased due to lack of funding at such a stage that the ship will no longer float and has fallen into a state of neglect and disrepair. Dry Dock 1 can not be used as long as the Nobska occupies the dry dock. It is urgent that the dry dock be available to the USS Constitution at Boston National Historical Park. Alternatives to demolition and dismantling the SS Nobska will also be considered. Parties must be able to demonstrate financial and technical ability to undertake the intact removal within the same time frame as established for removal by dismantling. In addition, should such a proposal be acceptable, the proposer will be required to enter into a preservation agreement with the Massachusetts State Historical Preservation Officer as a part of the terms of transfer of ownership from the National Park Service to the proposer. Evaluation factors for both award for demolition and, award for relocation are included in Section M of solicitation. The National Park Service anticipates entering into a firm fixed-price contract as a result of this solicitation. There is no set aside for this solicitation and as such is open to all concerns regardless of size. The NAICS code for this project is 488330 with a small business size standard of $6.0 million. The contract performance period is 60 calendar days for Base Bid following Notice to Proceed. In accordance with FAR Section 36.204, the estimated price range for this project is between $250,000 and $500,000. Contractors are urged to make a site visit to ascertain existing work conditions. A pre-bid conference will be held on September 30, 2004 at 10:00AM, further details will be described in the solicitation. All interested bidders are encouraged to attend. The point of contact for this solicitation is Paul M. Cincotta, Contract Specialist, National Park Service, Boston National Historical Park, Charlestown Navy Yard, Boston, Massachusetts. Email address is email@example.com and the voice telephone is 617-242-5681. When searching for this solicitation, please search by the solicitation number above, Department of the Interior, National Park Service. In order to download a copy of the solicitation, vendors will be asked to register their company with the electronic commerce website. Be prepared with your company's DUNS number which is available from Dun and Bradstreet at 1-888-546-0024, and your Federal Tax Identification Number (TIN). All vendors should pre-register by logging onto the Internet at http://www.ccr.gov. Available files to download will be in one, or a combination, of the following formats: HTML, Microsoft Word - 97, Microsoft Excel - 97, Portable Document Format (PDF), or AutoCAD DWG or DWF. Free downloads of "reader" software are available for the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader at http://www.adobe.com, or for the AutoCAD reader called "Volo View Express" at http://www.autodesk.com. Responses from Bidders will be accepted at the address listed in the solicitation in hard copy with the manual signature of the authorized company official. Facsimile offers shall NOT be accepted. The Government reserves the right to cancel this solicitation. The announcement does not constitute the solicitation. End of Announcement.
- Web Link
Please click here to view more details.
- Place of Performance
- Address: Boston National Histrorical Park, Charlestown Navy Yard, Boston, Massachusetts.
- Zip Code: 021294543
- Country: USA
- Zip Code: 021294543
- SN00649741-W 20040825/040823212433 (fbodaily.com)
FedBizOpps.gov Link to This Notice
(may not be valid after Archive Date)
| FSG Index | This Issue's Index | Today's FBO Daily Index Page |