56 -- Delivery of approximately 10,000 tons of towpath surface material to four sites along C&O Canal National Historical Park. See Description for towpath material specification.
- Notice Date
- Notice Type
- Solicitation Notice
- Contracting Office
- NCR - C&O Canal National Historical Park 1850 Dual Highway, Suite 100 Hagerstown MD 21740
- ZIP Code
- Solicitation Number
- Response Due
- Archive Date
- Point of Contact
- Laurie Robinson Purchasing Agent 3017142212 email@example.com;
- E-Mail Address
Email your questions to Point of Contact above, or if none listed, contact the IDEASEC HELP DESK for assistance
- Small Business Set-Aside
- Total Small Business
- The National Park Service, Department of Interior, will be requesting quotes from vendors having the capability to provide the materials described below. The Request for Quotes will be issued electronically on the Department of the Interior's National Business Center (NBC) website at http://ideasec.nbc.gov. Paper copies of this solicitation will not be made available. Prospective offerors desiring to conduct business with DOI are requested to register at the NBC site. Offerors wishing to receive electronic notification of changes will need to register to receive notification of this specific Request for Quotes at http://ideasec.nbc.gov. This service is provided for convenience only and does not serve as a guarantee of notification. Subscribers to this service are ultimately responsible for reviewing the website for all information relevant to this action. Prospective vendors will be required to visit this website periodically to check for amendments and other changes to the contract documents. No other notifications will be sent. The NAICS code for this procurement is 423320. The size standard is 100 employees. TOWPATH SURFACE MATERIAL, WESTERN DISTRICTS, SPECIFICATIONS. PA Department of Transportation Sepcification 1990-Page 348, Section #703.3. Select granular material, consisting of durable crushed gravel, stone, or slag, mixed or blended with suitable filler materials to provide a uniform mixture. Obtain or produce from accepted sources. Stockpile, sample and test material before it is used, to ensure reasonable uniformity and acceptability. Use materials free from vegetable or organic matter, lumps or an excessive quantity of clay or other objectionable or foreigh substances and not more than 1) % of deleterious shale by weight. The material shall be a Dirty Crusher Run and conform to the following material gradation guide. Sieve Designation Percent by Weight Passing 2 inch 100% 1 inch 100% 3/4 inch 100% No. 4 15-60% No. 100 0-30% Soil Range: The soil passing the No. 10 sieve shall conform to the following range according to analysis for all materials. Material Ideal Clay 25% 30% 35% Sand 25% 42% 50% Silt 15% 28% 40% Questions on specifications can be directed to Ron Bricker at 301-582-1070 or Bradley Hofe at 301-678-5548.
- Web Link
Please click here to view more details.
- Place of Performance
- Address: Deliveries will include 4 sites within Williamsport and Hancock, Maryland, areas. Exact delivery locations will be specified in Request for Quote which will be posted on or about June 24, 2003. A 5th delivery site in same general area may be added.
- Zip Code: 21795
- Country: USA
- Zip Code: 21795
- SN00340988-W 20030607/030605213617 (fbodaily.com)
FedBizOpps.gov Link to This Notice
(may not be valid after Archive Date)
| FSG Index | This Issue's Index | Today's FBO Daily Index Page |