J -- VENTILATION AND RE-CIRCULATION SYSTEMS CLEANING
- Notice Date
- Notice Type
- Solicitation Notice
- Contracting Office
- Department of the Navy, Naval Supply Systems Command, FISC NORFOLK ACQUISITION GROUP, CODE 200 1968 GILBERT STREET, SUITE 600, NORFOLK, VA, 23511-3392
- ZIP Code
- Solicitation Number
- Response Due
- Point of Contact
- William Shearer, Contract Specialist, Phone 757-443-1387, Fax 757-443-1424, - Randy Aldridge, Supervisory Contract Specialist, Phone 757-443-1454, Fax 757-443-1424,
- E-Mail Address
- Contractor services are required to commercially clean ship's ventilation system using a cleaning method that is environmentally safe for use onboard naval ships. Contractor to provide labor, material, and equipment to accomplish complete cleaning and assessment of ventilation systems, designated by ship's force or other Government agent. For designated systems, Contractor will perform a condition-based on site survey to identify system discrepancies and the level of effort required to prepare the system for cleaning. Surveys shall document, but not be limited to, the following information: a. System cleanliness b. System air flow quantities c. System integrity (i.e. deficiencies with respect to insulation, diffusers, ductwork, heaters, cooling coils, thermostats, access covers, label plates, etc.) d. Swipes of suspect internal ductwork surfaces for microbial and bacterial contamination analysis. Contractor will be required to coordinate inspection and cleaning with ships force personnel to minimize impact on other ongoing space work during the availability period. Cleaning would be conducted underway or during a pre-arranged pier-side restricted availability. Contractor shall report via a "Condition of Findings Report" to the Contract Officers representative all material discrepancies identified during the inspection and cleaning process. Contractor will take no corrective action beyond the scope of the authorized work order until a modification to the work order is received from the Government contracting/ordering officer. The work shall be provided as directed by the Ordering Officer at any geographical area as specified in the individual task order. This support shall be provided onboard U.S. Navy, Foreign Military Sales (FMS), and U. S. Coast Guard surface ships, CONUS and OCONUS. The anticipated contract will be an Indefinite Delivery - Indefinite Quantity Type contract with Firm Fixed Pricing provisions for a base year with provisions for four (04) - 1 year option periods. For qualifying offerors, hubzone price evaluation preference will be given. The solicitation will contain clause 52.217-8, Option to Extend Services. Solicitation issuance is anticipated as 06 January 2003. Prospective offerors interested in receiving a copy if the solicitation may submit an e-mail to the contract specialist at: firstname.lastname@example.org, (referencing solicitation no. N00189-03-R-0006), or they may download the solicitation from FedBizOps. No hard copy of the solicitation will be issued. NOTE: THIS NOTICE WAS NOT POSTED TO FEDBIZOPPS.GOV ON THE DATE INDICATED IN THE NOTICE ITSELF (04-DEC-2002). IT ACTUALLY FIRST APPEARED ON THE FEDBIZOPPS SYSTEM ON 23-APR-2003. PLEASE CONTACT email@example.com REGARDING THIS ISSUE.
- Web Link
Link to FedBizOpps document.
- Place of Performance
- Address: Various locations CONUS and OCONUS as determined by the individual Task Order.
- SN00310343-F 20030425/030424064734 (fbodaily.com)
FedBizOpps.gov Link to This Notice
(may not be valid after Archive Date)
| FSG Index | This Issue's Index | Today's FBO Daily Index Page |