S -- Lease of satellite bandwidth for VSAT point-to-point voice and data communications.
- Notice Date
- Notice Type
- Solicitation Notice
- Contracting Office
- PWR - NOCA North Cascades NPS Complex 7280 Ranger Station Road Marblemount WA 98267
- ZIP Code
- Solicitation Number
- Archive Date
- Point of Contact
- Sarah J. Welch Contract Specialist 360873459011 Sarah_Welch@nps.gov
- E-Mail Address
Email your questions to Point of Contact above or IDEASEC HELP DESK
- Small Business Set-Aside
- North Cascades National Park uses VSAT technology to provide voice and data communications between its Sedro-Woolley Headquarters and Stehekin District offices. The two locations are within 60 miles of each other in western Washington (Sedro-Woolley 48.50 N lat, 122.25 W long; Stehekin 48.31 N lat, 120.65 W long). We are programmed for a 128 kbps, Ku-band, full duplex, full period circuit, currently using Rate 3/4 QPSK (quadrature phase shift keying) Turbo modulation, and 3/4 rate forward error correction. The satellite circuit is the only telecommunications link to/from Stehekin and is vital to our operation. Quotes are being sought for lease of space segment compatible with our equipment and needs. The proposed satellite circuit must be licensed and in full compliance with applicable FCC tariffs and regulations. If this RFQ results in award to other than the incumbent contractor, the new Contractor shall conduct any necessary repointing of antennae and reconfiguration of other equipment so as to minimize service interruption. The current contract expires 12/31/02, but may be extended to allow for transition to a new satellite. This Request for Quotations (RFQ) is open to all sources, NAICS 517410, Satellite Telecommunications. We expect to award a firm-fixed price contract with a base period beginning approximately January 1, 2003, and ending on November 30, 2003, plus four (4) one-year options to extend the term of the contract. RFQ #Q9475035022 is currently posted on FedBizOpps and the National Business Center web site (http://ideasec.nbc.gov) under "RFQ Query"; no hard copies will be issued. Contractors must register on the website in order to retrieve copies of the solicitation and any possible amendments. Instructions are contained on the website for downloading the solicitation and attachments.
- Web Link
Please click here to view more details.
- Place of Performance
- Address: Sedro-Woolley and Stehekin, Washington.
- Zip Code: 98284
- Country: USA
- Zip Code: 98284
- SN00208286-W 20021122/021120213436 (fbodaily.com)
FedBizOpps.gov Link to This Notice
(may not be valid after Archive Date)
| FSG Index | This Issue's Index | Today's FBO Daily Index Page |